Popular pub shuts - but is likely to reopen
A WELL-known Weston watering hole has closed - but is likely to reopen in the coming months.
The Captain’s Cabin in Birnbeck Road has shut its doors to regulars after manager Kelly Edwards said she had a baby, and no longer enjoyed running the pub.
But Jonathan Dudd, who owns the pub, said the popular haunt would probably be reopened later this year.
He said: “It will be refurbished and we will find a new tenant for it.
“We have got several people interested in taking over, but it’s just a case of finding the right people.”
You may also want to watch:
The Captain’s Cabin has been a popular pub and restaurant among residents and holidaymakers for decades.
At one time it was earmarked to be part of the redevelopment of the nearby Royal Pier Hotel site.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced