Popular Weston-super-Mare bar opens branch in Burnham-on-Sea
- Credit: Archant
Popular Weston sports bar Vinnies has now opened a branch in Burnham – with its launch party on Friday hailed as a ‘huge success’.
Vinnies, which broadcasts a host of sport and hosts live music evenings, has now opened on the seafront in The Esplanade and has brought a new lease of life to a building which used to be a café.
Luke Vinnicombe, co-owner of the bar, told the Mercury the launch could not have gone better.
He said: “Burnham seemed like the perfect place – especially to open on the seafront.
“We were extremely busy on the Friday but there were a lot of Weston people there, so there was pressure on the Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“But we were even busier on the Saturday and it was a great weekend to open with the Six Nations rugby and a big football match too.
“It is not just about me though, I would like to thank my partner Nelson and Sarah Penfold for all their hard work.”
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 7 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?