Post Office open for longer
- Credit: Archant
A POST Office will significantly increase its opening hours after it is refurbished this July.
Bournville Post Office in St Andrews Parade will close from July 11 until 1pm on July 16 while it is refurbished to create a more modern environment for customers.
It will continue to have three serving positions but will now open Monday to Saturday at 7am-9pm and Sunday at 8am-9pm, an increase of more than 49 hours a week.
It will also add car tax to the services it provides.
Tony Jones, regional network manager for Wales and West England, said: “We understand how important having a Post Office is to residents in the area and we are confident that this new modern Post Office service will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future.”
You may also want to watch:
While the work takes place two alternative Post Offices include one in Aller Parade, on Weston’s Oldmixon estate, and in Moorland Road.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 9 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 10 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset