Post Office site still not confirmed
- Credit: Sub
A NEW site for a Post Office in Cheddar is still being sought.
The Post Office was due to move into the Tout’s Budgens store in Roynon Way after its previous postmasters retired.
But Sainsbury’s have since bought the store and bosses decided not to keep the service going.
A Post Office spokesman said: “We are keeping our options open at this stage.
“A permanent solution is ideally what we want. But in the meantime, if a temporary solution comes up, we will explore that option.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said the Post Office is committed to having a branch in the village.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 7 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Green candidate announced for village ward in by-election