Pram shop’s expansion is ‘excellent’
- Credit: Archant
A WESTON business owner has described the community’s response to her shop’s relocation as ‘fantastic’.
Kirsty Pomphrey, who manages Weston Pram Centre, moved the store from its former premises in Walliscote Road to set up home at a larger site in Oldmixon Crescent, on the Oldmixon estate.
Ms Pomphrey said the business had ‘outgrown’ its former site, after trading there for five years.
She told the Mercury: “We had certainly outgrown our shop in the town and parking was a big issue.
“We were losing a lot of trade because of parking and people were going to our competitors.
You may also want to watch:
“But our first day here was brilliant, if a little chaotic. I did not stop all day and I’ve had a lot of late nights getting it sorted.
“We’ve got so much more space here – it’s massive, but we’ve filled it.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 3 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 7 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 8 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 9 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
“Additionally, we’ve been able to extend our product range and we’ve had a fantastic response from people. It’s just been excellent.”