Premier Inn hotel to open on seafront?
A MAJOR leisure chain says it will open a 116-bed hotel and restaurant as part of a �35million regeneration of a Weston shopping area.
Whitbread has been confirmed as the latest operator to sign up to McLaren Life’s planned scheme for Dolphin Square.
The firm would open a Premier Inn and Brewers Fayre Restaurant on the corner of Carlton Street and Beach Road if the project gets the go-ahead from North Somerset Council next year.
So far the scheme, which is for a mix of 20-25 leisure and retail units, has had the backing of VUE Cinema, which would build eight-screen theatre at the site.
Whitbread acquisition manager Richard Pearson said: “We believe the high quality development at Dolphin Square is a fantastic location for us in a mixed use scheme.
You may also want to watch:
“Not only will it pick up the excess demand we are generating at our existing sites in and around Weston, but also generate new demand due to its location.”
The firm, which already operates a Premier Inn hotel in Hutton Moor Road, says each room at the new hotel would be large enough for four people, making it ideal for families.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
McLaren Life will submit a planning application for the scheme before Christmas.
If approved, building work could start next Spring, with the whole scheme completed in 2013.