Prizes needed for event
- Credit: Archant
THE beauty and excitement of Ascot will be heading to Congresbury this month.
The Club, at DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House, is hosting a race night and three-course meal in aid of Breast Cancer Research.
It is the second year running the hotel has backed the cause and on October 24 a ladies’ day is planned in support of the charity’s Wear It Pink campaign.
Although the event has sold out, organisers are looking for support from local businesses.
Debi Lough, who is also one of The Club’s trainers, said: “Last year our ladies’ night was a sell-out success and raised £1,500 for life-saving research into breast cancer so we decided to do something again this year. Although tickets are no longer available we will be holding a raffle on the evening so any donated prizes will be much appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
“Breast cancer affects so many of us, we have many female members at the club as well as colleagues who have all been touched by the illness so we really want to raise as much as possible.”
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery