Pub gets charitable after refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
A REFURBISHMENT to a pub in Weston-super-Mare has created 12 new jobs and to celebrate its grand reopening the venue has pledged to support multiple charities.
The Old Manor Inn, in Kewstoke, has reopened its doors following an extensive refurbishment.
Now the pub is fully up and running it has pledged to lend a hand to local and national charities, and is calling for people to nominate good causes for it to help throughout 2016.
The Old Manor Inn is managed by Sizzling Pubs and the company’s investment in the venue meant 12 new jobs were created.
The pub’s manager, Nigel Turff, said: “The pub has been given a fantastic new look and brand new menu encompassing all your traditional pub favourites, from the UK and around the world.”
You may also want to watch:
Nigel wants the pub to stay close to people’s hearts, and said: “We feel that the Old Manor Inn is an integral part of the community and a great place for family and friends, so we’re delighted to be able to give back to the people who need it most.”
The Old Manor has already donated money to the National Autistic Society and Crossroads Carers during 2015.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 7 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 8 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
Nigel has also vowed to support Cancer Research UK, Sizzling Pub’s national charity for 2016, but it is looking for two new local organisations to support during the upcoming year.
Mr Turff said: “We’re thrilled to be able to give back to the local community by supporting two local charities.
“We calling on the people of Weston to vote for worthy causes in the area, and would encourage anyone who works for a local charity to get in touch.”
People who visit the restaurant can add nominations to a box in the pub and 2016’s charities will be chosen in the new year.