Puxton Park to create new jobs
- Credit: Archant
PUXTON Park is looking to extend its production of dairy goods and create 30 new jobs.
Alistair Mead, manager of Puxton Park, has put forward a planning application to build two new buildings on the site to create cheese and ice cream.
Puxton Park already produces its own gelato ice cream, with 20 different flavours, which is shipped to a number of retailers.
But this is the first time the farm and tourist attraction has ventured into cheese production. Providing the planning application goes ahead, the park hopes to produce its own Caerphilly cheese, which it will sell to supermarkets and high-end delis across the country.
The application was received by the council in June, and it hopes to make a decision this month on whether to approve it.
You may also want to watch:
The site may be eco-friendly, with the owners looking into the possibility of recycling rainwater, using low-energy lighting and solar panels to heat the water.
Puxton Park manager Alistair Mead said: “Within five years we are hoping to be millimetres from our own milk and there will be zero miles for the milk to travel to create the ice cream.
- 1 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 2 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 3 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 4 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 5 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 6 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
“We are also looking to employ people from within the local area. We have other projects coming up next year, such as bringing in bumper boats to the adventure park.”