Redundancies as firm goes into administration
- Credit: Archant
SEVENTEEN people working in Weston have been made redundant after a fridge repair firm went into administration.
WR Refrigeration, which has a premises in Lynx Crescent, went into administration on October 22 with Eddie Williams and Rob Hunt of PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) named joint administrators.
The Leicester-based company was sold to Integral, a property maintenance provider, but 232 employees have now been made redundant, including 17 in Weston.
One Weston worker has been kept on, along with 118 across the company’s other locations including Cardiff and Leicester.
Mr Williams said: “Unfortunately, the level of interest and support for the remaining business means that we have no alternative than to begin the wind down of the company.
You may also want to watch:
“We have retained 119 employees to assist us and we will continue to explore options to support the transfer of people to other service providers. I would like to thank all the employees for their co-operation since our appointment and we will look to support them at this difficult time.”
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable