Revamped Post Office in Weston-super-Mare will open for longer
- Credit: suB
A post office in Weston-super-Mare is to have longer opening hours after undergoing a makeover.
The Post Office in Moorland Road will close on Wednesday for nine days while it is refurbished and modernised.
The new-look branch will offer manual banking services and will be able to receive parcels which are being sent around the world.
People will also be able to return their online shopping there.
Post Office area manager Adrian Skinner said: “We are making it easier for customers to get their cash, send and collect their mail and do their banking because we know how important these services are to local residents.
You may also want to watch:
“We are confident that this vibrant new-style post office at the heart of the local community will meet customer needs.”
When it reopens at 1pm on July 22, the branch will open for an additional 18 hours a week, including on Sunday mornings.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 3 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 4 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 8 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts