Social club reopens after deep clean following positive coronavirus test
- Credit: Google Street View
A social club has reopened today (Thursday) after one of its members tested positive for Covid-19.
The Ritz Social Club, in Burnham, was forced to close on Tuesday following the result, and a deep clean was carried out at the venue, in Victoria Street, yesterday (Wednesday).
In a post on the club’s social media yesterday, a spokesman said: “We have undertaken a deep clean which included a complete decontamination from Decontamination Specialist Services which have done a great job.
“The two staff members that worked on the evening in question have been tested. Thank you for your understanding at these trying times.”
The club says anyone who has been in close proximity to the member at set times on October 8 has been contacted and will be told by track and trace if they need to self isolate.
You may also want to watch:
The venue has rewashed all glassware following the positive result and the Ritz reopened today at 11am.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown