New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- Credit: Lucy Bladon
A new restaurant has been nominated as a Hospitality Hero by Weston Mercury readers.
The Rock Salt restaurant and bar is part of the South Sands Hotel in Kewstoke, which has been refurbished since the new owners took over in January 2021.
In the run-up to Hospitality Action Day, the Mercury asked readers to nominate their Hospitality Heroes.
Readers nominated Rock Salt for its ‘wonderful food and wonderful staff’, ‘brilliant service’ and ‘huge portions’.
The restaurant has a convivial atmosphere where guests can dine all day, with selections from the fish-based menu. Favourites include the pan-fried teriyaki salmon, with jasmine rice, and the fried Cornish hake, samphire and chorizo.
Jess Isaac, the hotel manager, is delighted with the nomination and said ‘everyone has worked really hard to get things right’.
The front terrace has been particular popular with diners, and the hotel is soon opening its second restaurant, The Bay, which will offer more formal dining. The function suite will open shortly after, offering a ‘fantastic space’ for weddings, events and parties.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 5 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
Jess added: “I’m very proud of this recognition from the Mercury readers and it is a tribute to the work of the whole team within the hotel.’