New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- Credit: Lucy Bladon
A new restaurant has been nominated as a Hospitality Hero by Weston Mercury readers.
The Rock Salt restaurant and bar is part of the South Sands Hotel in Kewstoke, which has been refurbished since the new owners took over in January 2021.
In the run-up to Hospitality Action Day, the Mercury asked readers to nominate their Hospitality Heroes.
Readers nominated Rock Salt for its ‘wonderful food and wonderful staff’, ‘brilliant service’ and ‘huge portions’.
The restaurant has a convivial atmosphere where guests can dine all day, with selections from the fish-based menu. Favourites include the pan-fried teriyaki salmon, with jasmine rice, and the fried Cornish hake, samphire and chorizo.
Jess Isaac, the hotel manager, is delighted with the nomination and said ‘everyone has worked really hard to get things right’.
The front terrace has been particular popular with diners, and the hotel is soon opening its second restaurant, The Bay, which will offer more formal dining. The function suite will open shortly after, offering a ‘fantastic space’ for weddings, events and parties.
- 1 Man jailed for savage attack on three women at Weston pub
- 2 Person dies after incident at Weston's Marine Lake
- 3 World-renowned cider maker to host family open day next month
- 4 Councillors hit back at proposed bus cuts in North Somerset
- 5 No dentist in North Somerset is accepting new NHS patients, study shows
- 6 Help reunite owner of lost photo found in charity shop purse
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 'Extreme heat' warning issued for Somerset
- 9 Help prevent fires in hot weather, brigade urges
- 10 Carers reach finals in top awards
Jess added: “I’m very proud of this recognition from the Mercury readers and it is a tribute to the work of the whole team within the hotel.’