Royal Mail raft raises cash for Stroke Association
- Credit: Sub
EMPLOYEES at Royal Mail in Weston-super-Mare have been holding monthly fundraising events for charity.
The group raised £1,800 when they took part in the Dragon Boat Festival in Bristol, where they paddled their raft at the docks.
The event raised money for the Stroke Association, which incidentally is also the Royal Mail’s charity for 2015.
As part of their fundraising, one of the Weston managers organised a skittles night, collecting £220.
Employees also staged car boot sales to raise £615, and Sarah Iles held a sponsored silence for five days to raise £250.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah said: “We have since formed a social committee and have decided to hold fundraising events every other month to raise money for lesser-known charities close to our colleagues’ hearts.”
To donate items to a raffle or suggest a charity for the employees to support, contact Sarah on 07796 665583.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic