Sands ready to be bulldozed
FINAL preparations are being made at Weston’s former Sands nightclub ahead of its demolition next week.
The Beach Road site has been earmarked for destruction for several months and builders will move in on October 27.
McLaren Life, developers behind the �30million Dolphin Square regeneration project, is currently investigating a range of possible long-term uses for the site, with a view to submitting a formal planning application in early 2012.
Several businesses have been linked with a move to the area with First Bowl, Vue Cinemas, Harvester, Nando’s and Prezzo all now signed up to the new shopping district. The work is expected to finish in 2013.
McLaren Life director Simon Berry said the project is progressing well and he believes the development will provide the town with a major boost.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The site itself is an important part of the overall regeneration of Dolphin Square and will be a further enhancement to Weston’s seafront once it is completed.”
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 7 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 8 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 9 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 10 Man jailed for filming women without their knowledge