Sands ready to be bulldozed
FINAL preparations are being made at Weston’s former Sands nightclub ahead of its demolition next week.
The Beach Road site has been earmarked for destruction for several months and builders will move in on October 27.
McLaren Life, developers behind the �30million Dolphin Square regeneration project, is currently investigating a range of possible long-term uses for the site, with a view to submitting a formal planning application in early 2012.
Several businesses have been linked with a move to the area with First Bowl, Vue Cinemas, Harvester, Nando’s and Prezzo all now signed up to the new shopping district. The work is expected to finish in 2013.
McLaren Life director Simon Berry said the project is progressing well and he believes the development will provide the town with a major boost.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The site itself is an important part of the overall regeneration of Dolphin Square and will be a further enhancement to Weston’s seafront once it is completed.”
- 1 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 2 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 3 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 4 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 5 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 6 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 9 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 10 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston