Seafront bar open by summer?
A PLANNING application to revamp a seafront bar has been submitted, with the new owners hoping it will be open by the summer.
JD Wetherspoon has put forward proposals to North Somerset Council to transform the currently vacant and boarded up Cabot 5 Bars in Knightstone Road, creating new bar and seating areas, new toilets and all new decor and furnishings.
Granite bars will be installed and the first floor toilets look set to be removed to provide a larger customer area.
The basement and skittle bar will not be changed but will be inaccessible to customers.
The proposal also includes retaining the hotel on the upper floors and 20 rooms will be refurbished and will have en suites added.
You may also want to watch:
Other additions include a newly refitted ground floor kitchen, new hotel reception and a dance floor on the first floor.
On average JD Wetherspoon spends about �800,000 redeveloping sites during a 10-week building project, although no set costs or times have been revealed for the Cabot.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
A spokesman from JD Wetherspoon said: “We cannot confirm a definite opening date for the pub, however, the company is keen to start building work soon and the pub could open by the summer.”