Services for disabled promoted at event
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
AN EVENT to promote services for people with learning disabilities in North Somerset will take place on Monday.
There are more than 800 adults with learning disabilities in the district and the event aims to make sure people know what services are available to them.
The free event will take place at Locking Castle Church, in Jasmine Way, on Monday from 10.30am-3pm.
The event has been organised by North Somerset Council and North Somerset Clinical Commissioning Group’s community team for people with learning disabilities.
There will be presentations, question and answer sessions and taster sessions for disabled sports.
You may also want to watch:
People will also be talking about their experiences using the services.
For more information call the community team on 01934 427600.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 9 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 10 Former pupils become teachers