Services for disabled promoted at event
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
AN EVENT to promote services for people with learning disabilities in North Somerset will take place on Monday.
There are more than 800 adults with learning disabilities in the district and the event aims to make sure people know what services are available to them.
The free event will take place at Locking Castle Church, in Jasmine Way, on Monday from 10.30am-3pm.
The event has been organised by North Somerset Council and North Somerset Clinical Commissioning Group’s community team for people with learning disabilities.
There will be presentations, question and answer sessions and taster sessions for disabled sports.
You may also want to watch:
People will also be talking about their experiences using the services.
For more information call the community team on 01934 427600.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 6 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 7 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 10 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers