Shoe giants open up shop
- Credit: Archant
Europe’s biggest shoe retailer has opened its doors in Weston.
Deichmann Shoes, which has stores in 24 countries worldwide, opened for business in the Sovereign Shopping Centre at the end of last month.
Around 15 permanent jobs have been created as a result of the new opening, including two supervisor positions in addition to shop floor and cashier roles.
Store manager George Hooley said: “We’re really excited to have opened our doors in Weston and are thrilled to have been able to help create some new jobs.
“We’re looking forward to getting to know all the local shoppers and hopefully becoming a well-loved fixture in town.”
You may also want to watch:
The store benefits from a simple, customer-friendly layout, with all stock available on the shop floor so customers can easily locate and try on the style and size of their choice. In addition, the retail unit itself underwent a £400,000 refurbishment prior to opening.
Deichmann celebrated its 10th anniversary in the UK in 2011 and now has 90 shops nationwide. Anyone wishing to apply for a job at the Sovereign Centre store should visit www.deichmann.com
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 8 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 9 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery