Chip shop closes to make urgent repairs
- Credit: Google Street View
A fish and chip shop has temporarily closed after it experienced ‘teething problems’ at its opening event.
The Chippy, Highbridge experienced equipment failure at its launch in August, which has since closed so the company's directors can 'fix the issue'.
The takeaway, in Church Street, states it has shut 'temporarily', but has not yet revealed when it plans to reopen.
In a recent statement to the Mercury, a company spokesman said: "Our equipment went down at the shop's launch, which is the reason behind why we have had to temporarily close while we fix the issue."
The chippy opened on August 9 but quickly was closed again while the issue was investigated.
You may also want to watch:
The takeaway said it was 'blown away' by the response to opening a takeaway last month and plans to open the business Tuesday to Saturday from noon to 8.30pm.
- 1 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 2 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 5 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 6 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 9 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 10 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre