Shop full of collectables and curios
- Credit: Archant
AN ECLECTIC mix of goods are on sale at a new Weston shop.
Carousel Of Curios has been opened by Stephen Mitchell in Wadham Street, selling an assortment of antiques, vintage goods and collectables.
The shop features a counter and display wall, both made from wood reclaimed after the fire on the Grand Pier in 2008.
Mr Mitchell has been serving as an antiques dealer for around 40 years and in the past has run fairs at the Winter Gardens.
He said: “It’s not the kind of shop you expect to find around here.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s more what you’d expect in London or Bath and we have some very unusual items.
“It’s a London-style shop but without London prices and it is crammed full of collectable items and things for the home.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 7 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 8 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
“We hope we have created a destination venue, an enjoyable place for locals and visitors alike, and of course a pleasant atmosphere to choose and purchase antiques and collectables.”