Shop reopen after £100k revamp
PUBLISHED: 11:30 09 June 2011
A FAMILY-run Weston business that went up in flames earlier this year has reopened after a £100,000 ‘extensive’ revamp.
The owners of Atlantic Broadway Fish Bar on the Oldmixon were left shocked in February after their shop caught alight.
Four fire engines were called to the smoking inferno at the time and police evacuated neighbours and the adjacent Tesco Express store. But now co-owner Rob Field, who also owns the Atlantic Fish Bar in Weston’s Meadow Street, has reopened the takeaway and says he is offering a ‘bigger and better’ service.
The Lower Bristol Road resident said: “It was devastating and it has been a tough time trying to sort out all the insurance, but going forward it’s positive.
“We have a bigger and better service and we are urging all our customers to come back.”
The fish and chip shop has also installed a new burger bar and specialities include Texan bean, lamb kofta, and a towering taco burger. No-one was hurt in the incident and it is thought the fire started accidentally in one of the fryers and spread into the ceiling via the ducting.
Aside from the manager new staff have been recruited and Rob said he hopes his old customers will return.
Rob, who co-owns the business with his mum Anne Field, said the repair bill cost more than £100,000.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.