Dolphin Square should have a new bowling alley, say readers
- Credit: Archant
Westonians have called for a bowling alley to open at Dolphin Square after is occupiers talked of an ‘extremely positive’ start to life in the town.
The long-awaited leisure complex opened 10 months ago in Weston town centre, and the project has been hailed as a success by to traders.
The multi-million-pound development is home to chain restaurants, a cinema and a gym – with tens of thousands visiting in the first few months – although a few units are still vacant.
PizzaExpress assistant manager Archie Zabalujevs said: “It’s a great location, enjoyed by residents and holidaymakers alike, and the response from customers has been extremely positive.”
Emma Poppleton, Weston Cineworld’s general manager, said: “We’re so pleased to have opened in Weston. We’ve had more than 60,000 customers through our doors since opening in January and our most popular films have been Avengers: Infinity War, The Greatest Showman and Peter Rabbit.”
You may also want to watch:
Many people took to social media to share their view.
Cherry Pullinger wrote: “I have enjoyed eating at a couple of the eateries there, however the main approach to Dolphin Square from the town centre badly needs improvement to help attract more people up there.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
- 10 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
“The same goes for the approach from the seafront – who is going to leave it to go there?”
Adam Matthews said: “A bowling ally would have been a better investment, but they didn’t think about it very well, did they?
“It’s always dead when I go in.”
Tracey Coates wrote: “Dolphin Square is just expensive places to eat and the cinema is overpriced. I’m very disappointed with it. I always go to the Odeon instead.”
Samantha Barrett commented: “Love the Cineworld unlimited card and looking forward to trying the Mexican restaurant soon. I think it’s a positive move for Weston.”
Angela Hoddinott said: “Not into fast food and would rather support the Odeon. I would have liked to go bowling there though, but they didn’t replace it.”