Somerset business to supply Waitrose
SOMERSET Orchards is celebrating after winning a contract to supply Waitrose s new Weston store with cider apple juice.
SOMERSET Orchards is celebrating after winning a contract to supply Waitrose's new Weston store with cider apple juice.
The deal follows the company's appearance in last year's final of the inaugural Country Living and Waitrose Made in Britain awards.
The firms Brown's and Kingston Black brands will both be on sale at the store in Phillips Road later this year.
Orchards' Rise Inge said: "It is a great privilege to be selected by Waitrose.
You may also want to watch:
"Its reputation of selling only the highest quality produce fits well with our wish to give our customers the most delicious and unusual apple juices.
"We hope that the sales at Waitrose will help us to sustain and enhance our orchards, as well as the time-honoured Somerset landscape."
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
Waitrose branch manager, Suzanne Greevy, added: "There is a real passion for food in the area and a desire to support local producers. Due to our opening in Weston we have been able to bring on board Somerset Orchards, whose high standards match our own. We're also in a fantastic position of being able to increase orders from several of our existing local suppliers.