Somerset cider voted best in the world
- Credit: Thatchers
THATCHERS has scooped an international award for its cider this week.
The Sandford-based business picked up the champions trophy at the International Brewing Awards in London – an event widely regarded as the Oscars of the brewing industry.
Judges were asked to sample a number of different ciders without knowing who had brewed them.
After beating competition from across the globe, managing director Martin Thatcher said it was a ‘real honour’ to be recognised by the experts.
He said: “Our aim is always to produce the best quality cider with exceptional taste, and to come home with this trophy means that we do just that.
You may also want to watch:
“We have some exceptionally talented people working at Thatchers who are passionate about making cider.
“I’d like to thank everyone who has helped craft Thatchers Vintage cider into the acclaimed cider it is, and to the panel of judges at the International Brewing Awards for recognising us with this award.”
- 1 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 2 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 5 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 6 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 10 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre