Somerset House care home unveils £250k extension
- Credit: Archant
The owner of a North Somerset care home says he is delighted after a £250,000 extension to the facility was unveiled last week.
Somerset House, in Yatton, is now home to a new garden room and three new bedrooms.
The work took about a year to complete but it now means people living at the High Street home are now able to enjoy a new communal area for socialising and enjoying group activities.
The garden room was officially opened with a party on Wednesday evening, which featured live music from Bristol band The Filtonaires.
Home owner Giles Livingstone said: “We have now got this space for socialising and it means it is much easier to put activities on. It also leads on to a secluded courtyard garden.
You may also want to watch:
“We are just thoroughly happy with the space. It is so different looking at the finished product compared to the plans.”
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 9 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery