Somerset restaurant claims regional award
THE Good Food Guide readers have crowned a Somerset restaurant as their favourite in the South West.
The Swan in Wedmore has been named as the South West regional winner in the prestigious The Good Food Guide Readers’ Restaurant of the Year Awards.
To qualify for these awards, restaurants needed to be independently run and offer regional or local produce where possible.
Rob Greacen, managing director of The Swan said: ‘This is fantastic news. The Swan is only nine months old and we’re still learning.
“We’ve taken a tired old pub and created a busy village inn with a kitchen at its heart. We have had amazing support from the village and this award is a lovely endorsement.”
You may also want to watch:
The Swan is one of 10 regional winners from around the UK, one of whom will go on to be named as the overall The Good Food Guide Readers’ Restaurant of the Year. The winner will be announced on June 20.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 6 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 7 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?