Somerset Tourism gets support from Weston business
A WESTON business has been appointed as the purchasing group for Somerset Tourism Association (STA).
Regency Purchasing Group (RPG), based in Alexandra Parade, is currently expanding rapidly across the UK and managing director Alex Demetriou said he was extremely pleased to be supporting Somerset businesses and local traders - which is where RPG started out almost 30 years ago.
He said: “The STA is a very proactive association and they are doing some fantastic work to drive visitors to the local area.”
The STA has more than 400 members across the county and Mr Demetriou said they will now be able to make substantial savings by purchasing through RPG.
John Turner, vice chairman of STA and its lead brand Visit Somerset said: “We are looking forward to the opportunities working with the group will bring to all our members, reducing overheads and in doing so, passing on savings to our Somerset customers.
You may also want to watch:
“Somerset tourism is worth �1.1billion to the local economy and 31,000 jobs. For the STA to align itself with such a big business can only help to support our ambitions.”
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced