Streetlife: Weston’s Post Office praised
- Credit: Archant
STREETLIFE users have welcomed the opening of a new Post Office in Weston town centre.
The branch, which was formerly located in Regent Street, recently opened in the old Uddins building in Alexandra Parade and users of the community forum have reacted positively to the news.
Brendan D, who began the thread, said: “Wow! The new Post Office has opened in Alexandra Parade – what an improvement on the old one.
“Thank you to the couple and their family who have invested in the business and in Weston.”
Phil W said: “I fully agree with Brendan D. The new main Post Office in Weston is a vast improvement... It has surroundings which are clean and hygienic with good informative signposting, excellent lighting and is full of colour.
You may also want to watch:
“The wait for this changeover has been long overdue.”
Marc A added: “The old Post Office was so depressing. The staff in there were lovely, but you could see the place wasn’t doing much for their motivation (or that of their customers).
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 10 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend
“I’m glad we’ve got a bright, new Post Office in Weston.
“It’s amazing to think how important they are to so many of us and how often we visit.”
David D agreed. He said: “(I am) in full agreement. It’s a nice place and they deserve to succeed.”
Alison W said: “It’s lovely to just go in and have a look around and the staff are very welcoming and helpful. I wish them good luck and success.”
Further down in the thread, Alison W also praised the staff who worked in the previous Post Office, after several users criticised them for allegedly providing poor customer service.
She said: “I always found them (the old staff) very pleasant and helpful.
“You can chat and drink and (still) do your job – you don’t have to sit there like zombies.
“But the overall appearance of the new Post Office does make you want to go in and have a look around.”
Jasmine S also defended the old staff. She added: “I always found the staff in the old Post Office extremely helpful and polite.”