Student discovers entrepreneurial streak after car crash
A CAR CRASH that almost killed a Weston College student resulted in her discovering an entrepreneurial streak she never knew she had.
Nicki Puddy, aged 27, was badly injured in a car accident in Yorkshire when she was 16 years old.
Due to concentration problems she was unable to return to the A-level course she was on and took the first in a series of jobs that lead her work as an events administrator for the NHS.
Nicki then took on a degree in business with management at Weston College, and after graduating last year, she has set up a photography and events business, called nickiBreeze, specialising in weddings, family and pet portraits.
She said: “My life took a very different turn after the car accident and I embarked on all sorts of jobs. When I decided to do a degree I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to concentrate, but the support and confidence I was given at Weston College was fantastic.”
You may also want to watch:
Nicki, who now lives in Bristol, specialises in portraiture photography, using a candid style and natural environment to capture intimate moments.
She said: “The current climate is challenging for a new business, as it quite often feels like you’re pushing a double-decker bus up a hill single handed. However, when I get to be involved in a couple’s wedding day, either as a photographer or a event planner, or even capturing a baby’s first year in photographs, it makes all the hard work more than worthwhile.”
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 8 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores