Support services for businesses
- Credit: Archant
START-UP and existing businesses in Sedgemoor can access a new range of support services.
The North Somerset Enterprise Agency is offering business owners the chance to have access to a supervisor, take part in events and workshops and join an online business support community.
The service is fully-subsidised, and aims to help rural businesses improve their marketing and boost sales.
Angela Hicks, chief executive of North Somerset Enterprise Agency, said: “Starting and growing a business is always demanding, but rural businesses often face additional challenges such as a limited local customer base, difficulty in attracting great staff, technology shortfalls and encouraging people to their location amongst others.
“Hence we are delighted to be a partner within an exciting initiative that aims to create a sustainable rural economy.
You may also want to watch:
“Our team has considerable expertise of supporting rural businesses and as all our advisors are locally-based, they have the advantage of knowing the area and the opportunities that are out there for local businesses.”
Business owners can find more information on the agency on 01934 418118 and at www.northsomersetenterpriseagency.co.uk
- 1 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 2 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 3 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 4 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 5 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 8 Doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay