Sustainable travel commended
- Credit: ©Mark Simmons
Businesses in Weston-super-Mare and across North Somerset have been commended for promoting sustainable travel among their employees.
North Somerset Council, Weston Area Health NHS Trust and Avon and Somerset Constabulary have all been given silver accreditations at the Travelwest Sustainable Travel Business Awards.
Travelwest is a partnership between North Somerset, Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol and South Gloucestershire councils.
This year its fourth annual awards ceremony was hosted by North Somerset Council at the Grand Pier in Weston.
The council itself was given a silver star award, for its office amalgamation strategy which saw business miles significantly reduced.
You may also want to watch:
The authority’s deputy leader Elfan Ap Rees said: “It was especially pleasing to host these awards in Weston this year and to see the enthusiastic attendance by companies from across the West of England.
“Hearty congratulations are due to all the finalists and winners.”
- 1 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 2 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 3 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 4 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 5 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 6 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 7 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 8 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 9 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 10 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
The hospital was also given an a silver accreditation for its work to ensure shift-working staff still have a number of sustainable travel options available to use.
The police’s silver accreditation was for its work with technology. The force used video conferencing to overcome issues with staff being based in different locations.