Sweet stuff on offer in new high street shop
FANS of gobstoppers, sherbet lemons and other sweet-toothed delights can rejoice with the opening of a new sweet and gift shop in Weston’s High Street.
Munchies and More was launched by David Bleakman after he decided he wanted to open up a shop so he could spend more time with his new-born daughter.
With both him and partner Holly Whittington working full-time, after the birth of Teresa Mr Bleakman decided to take the plunge and become his own boss.
He said: “I have been in Weston for four years and I’ve worked at Asda and as the warehouse manager at The Range.
“When Teresa was born I just thought ‘why not give it up and start up my own business’?
You may also want to watch:
“That way I can work and look after Teresa at the same time.”
The shop will stock a range of sweets, ranging from the traditional, through retro sweets from the 1950s to 1990s, to more modern sugary delights.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 6 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 7 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 8 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 9 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 10 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
It also stocks a wide range of gifts appealing to all generations, from Banksy canvasses to ornaments and vases.
Mr Bleakman continued: “I had a look around this area to decide what shop it should be and it was between a sweet and gift shop, and a sandwich shop.
“This area doesn’t have anything like it so I thought I’d go for the sweets and gifts.
“It is a bit more stressful being your own boss as obviously everything’s on your own back and I haven’t got the comfort zone anymore.
“But it’s a family environment and I’m confident about the future.”