Swim academy scoop ASA award
BURNHAM’S Swim and Sports Academy has been crowned the UK’s swim school of the year.
The academy in Berrow Road, which is owned by Mark and Sara Cox-Conklin, was short-listed, along with two other swimming schools, for the Kellog’s ASA Swimtastic Awards.
The award is presented to a school which has provided a great standard of service to its members and has helped the development of its swimmers and staff.
Mark said: “The growth in numbers we have seen here has been phenomenal and we are so pleased.”
The duo bought the pool four years ago and said the number have grown from 350 swimmers to around 940.
You may also want to watch:
Mark added: “We have quite a team here and we can’t thank them enough for their hard work.
“We also have parents and children coming from Bristol and Taunton and that really brings it home to us how successful the academy is.
- 1 New card and gift shop to open in Weston retail park
- 2 50 staff isolating after Covid outbreak at Weston pub
- 3 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 4 From Hornets RFC to England: The rise of Curtis Langdon
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 9 New parliamentary boundaries will be 'more democratic', says Weston MP
- 10 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
“We have tried to build things through the community and I think that commitment has helped.”
The glass trophy was awarded to the swim school’s manager Andy Holt at a ceremony in Sheffield.