Swimming classes for youngsters and mums
YOUNGSTERS will be able to make a splash at a new baby and toddler swimming school being set up in Weston.
Turtle Tots will soon be up and running at The Campus in Highlands Lane, Locking Castle, and is the brainchild of local swimming teacher Hayley Fitzgerald.
Classes, which start on September 11, will also classes for mothers both pre and post-pregnancy, as well as classes for children until they reach school age.
Among the range of classes offered will be ones for babies aged 0-18months, which will teach the youngster water confidence and key lifesaving skills, as well as offering a good bonding experience with parents.
After that parents can join their children in the pool right through to school age.
You may also want to watch:
Parents can also benefit from Turtle Tots, which will have both pre-natal and post-natal classes, including the turtle tums six week-long aqua-natal course.
The course features a range of classes lasting 30 minutes, and shows techniques to use after the baby is born, while post-natal classes include toning workout for mums which can burn up to 250 calories in a single class.
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
Hayley said: “I’m really excited to be launching my Turtle Tots business in Weston. I’ve lived in North Somerset all my life, and now live in Weston, so to be teaching here is fantastic.
“The pool at The Campus is really warm so it’s perfect for babies; and teaching babies and toddlers to swim is not only fun, but incredibly rewarding because I’m teaching them an important life skill.
“What’s more, a percentage of every class cost will be given to local charity Springboard, which I’m thrilled to be supporting.”