Accountants hold ball in aid of two charities
- Credit: Archant
A team of accountants from Weston have donated hundreds of pounds to two charities.
Staff at Thomas Westcott Chartered Accountants held a charity ball at Batch Country House.
It was the third charity ball organised by the team and the event raised more than £8,000 this year.
A number of businesses from across Somerset attended the ball to support the fundraiser and Barclays bank donated £1,000 in match funding.
The accountants donated £4,380 to Children’s Hospice South West in Wraxall and £3,700 for BRACE, which raises money to fund research into dementia.
You may also want to watch:
Di Perrett, a partne at the firm, said: “Through our work advising charities we know only too well how much these organisations depend on donations in order to keep delivering the vital services they provide, so everyone’s support in making the event a success was hugely appreciated.”
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 8 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores