Thatchers apprentice wins Weston College award
- Credit: Archant
An apprentice from Thatchers Cider has been named learner of the year at the Weston College Business Awards.
Molly O'Flaherty, aged 17, joined the Sandford cidermaker's Young Talent Programme last September.
Molly, from Weston, has spent time in different commercial roles throughout the company including sales, marketing and customer service.
She has taken on new challenges - meeting customers, attending trade fairs and festivals and worked on marketing projects.
Emma Cox, Thatchers' talent development manager, said: "What a fantastic experience for Molly to have received this accolade.
You may also want to watch:
"She's got a great career ahead of her. The judges singled her out from some pretty amazing apprentices for her dedication and commitment to the role."
Thatchers was also named New Apprentice Employer, and Overall Employer of the Year at the awards.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 3 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 7 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 8 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 9 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset