Thatchers to invest £14million in new cider mill
- Credit: Archant
Thatchers Cider in Sandford is investing £14million into a new cider mill to cope with the growing demand for its products.
A record number of apples are expected to make their way through the presses at Myrtle Farm this autumn.
Thatchers has submitted a planning application to install a state-of-the-art mill at the farm in 2019.
Managing director, Martin Thatcher, said: “This investment is about our confidence in the cider market and in the future of world-class cidermaking here at Myrtle Farm.
“Our aim has always been to produce fantastic ciders at Thatchers that are best in class on both quality and consistency.
You may also want to watch:
“Our existing mill has served us well for many years, but we’re now looking to increase our capacity to meet growing demand.
“The new mill will be located at Myrtle Farm, will use less energy and will be sustainably powered by energy generated on site.”
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 4 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 10 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance