Thatchers cider scoops family business awards
- Credit: Archant
Thatchers Cider has picked up two prizes at the Family Business Of The Year Awards.
The cidermaker, which is based at Myrtle Farm in Winscombe, was presented with the family business of the year crown for the South and South West, plus the food and drink family business of the year award too.
Martin Thatcher, whose great-grandfather founded the company in 1904, attended the ceremony at the Mayfair Hotel in London.
He said: “It was an inspirational evening to be in the presence of family firms from all over the UK, across many different business sectors.
“We’re absolutely thrilled to have returned to Myrtle Farm with two awards.
You may also want to watch:
“This is recognition not just for previous, current and future generations of the Thatcher family, but for all our employees who share the passion of making great quality Somerset cider and are part of our extended family.
”We’d like to thank Family Business United for recognising Thatchers in this way.”
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 4 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 10 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance