Thatchers Open Day this weekend
- Credit: Archant
THATCHERS Cider Company is holding a family open day at their farm this autumn.
There will be guided tours of the orchard and cider mill, as well as a chance to talk to the cider-makers about the different apple varieties and how the cider is created.
Visitors will be able to have a go at pressing their own apples with the Wrington Forgotten Fruit community project.
The tour will finish with a cider-tasting and visit to the Thatchers shop, where a full range of ciders, cheeses and chutneys will be on offer.
There will be face-painting, dancing from the Mendip Morris Men and music from The Fallen Apples and The Somerset Paddies. Refreshments will be available from a barbecue and ice cream van.
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place on September 14 from 11am-3pm on Myrtle Farm in Sandford, and entry will be free.
For more information visit www.thatcherscider.co.uk or call 01934 822862.
- 1 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 2 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 3 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 4 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 5 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 6 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 7 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery