Thatchers unveils Railway Inn plan
- Credit: Archant
PEOPLE have finally been given a sneak preview of what the future holds for the Railway Inn pub, as cider firm Thatchers has showcased its plans for the building.
The cider company is hoping to reopen the pub next door to its headquarters at Myrtle Farm in Sandford in spring 2015, after vital structural work and restoration has been completed.
Final plans have this week gone on display 12 months after the company took over the pub, and the reaction was good at the first of two open evenings for residents in Sandford and the surrounding area.
Managing director Martin Thatcher said: “There are two items I know people are very keen to hear about – that’s the drinks that will be on the bar, and the food menu. We are already looking at the range of beers, ales and spirits that will be stocked, and will be using the open evenings to gauge residents’ views on their favourites.
“We have strong links to a number of family-run breweries and so our hope is to be able to showcase not only our full range of ciders, but some really interesting beers and ales from around the UK.”
Recruitment for a chef and manager is already underway, with more positions to be advertised in the new year.
The traditional restaurant will hold up to 100 diners, with landscaped gardens alongside a children’s play area outside, complete with a thatched Wendy house, to keep the kids entertained.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Thatcher said: “We’ve all been working hard to ensure that the updated plans for the Railway Inn take into account feedback we’ve received from residents to date, providing Sandford with a new, homely and welcoming pub at the heart of the village.
“We’ve been determined to conserve as much as the existing character of the building as we can, enhanced with natural oak and stonework inside.”
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston