The £400k makeover for the Tropicana is revealed
- Credit: Archant
THESE images show what the inside of the Tropicana could look like after its £400,000 revamp.
Contractors have been working at the seafront site since January, renovating parts of the site so it can re-open as a café and bar in time for the summer.
Last week, North Somerset Council’s executive member for finance Tony Lake said the authority hoped it would be open by the end of next month, in time for the May bank holiday weekend.
The council will also create two new public toilets and refurbish the foyer area which will be brought into use when activities are available at the rear of the building.
Cllr Lake said once the café is open, the authority will look to bring the rear into use for events or for rides – but has not confirmed whether it will revive the former pool.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Lake said: “We are committed to carrying out work to a high standard, and I am delighted with the specification for the café and bar areas which are being designed with a quality feel in mind.
“I hope that both residents and visitors will enjoy the results for themselves in the spring and throughout the rest of the year.”
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston
- 9 Hornets and Weston excited by 2021-22 season fixtures release
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced