The Co-operative in Weston raise £20k for charity
- Credit: Archant
STAFF from the Co-operative in Weston has so far raised £20,000 for charity since completing a bike ride the length of the country.
Colleagues and friends from stores in Weston, Axbridge, Winscombe and Clevedon took part in a 1,000-mile cycle ride from Lands End to John O’Groats.
They hope they will be able to raise £30,000 for Carers Trust, the Co-operative’s charity of 2013.
Martin Hollow, manager of the Winscombe store, teamed up with Axbridge operations manager John Webster and team friend John Childs, of Clevedon.
Joe Chapman, who organised the ride along with Mike Mullett, said: “This was a fantastic event which was a huge achievement and a once in a lifetime experience for all.
You may also want to watch:
“Lots of the cyclists had this on their ‘bucket list’ and when we reached John O’Groats there was an overwhelming sense of achievement.
“Everyone coped extremely well and the team spirit was kept alive throughout. We have so far raised an amazing £20,000 for Carers Trust, but this is set to rise.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 6 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 7 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 8 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 9 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 10 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
“The Co-operative has kindly offered all riders and supporters to have their annual leave entitlement reimbursed for our efforts; however we have decided to donate the equivalent in cash to Carers Trust.”