Actress to open performing arts academy in Weston
- Credit: Archant
Actress Pauline Quirke is inviting people aged four to 18 to a free open day at her new performing arts academy in Weston-super-Mare.
The Pauline Quirke Academy of Performing Arts (PQA) is opening at Broadoak Mathematics and Computing College, in Windwhistle Road, on Saturday.
Young people are invited to pop in from 9.45am-1pm to take part in a taster session at the new academy.
Students will enjoy sessions in comedy and drama, musical theatre and film and television - taught by specialist teachers.
Parents are invited to stay for refreshments and to watch the classes and the PQA team will be on hand to answer any questions.
You may also want to watch:
PZA was started by actress Pauline Quirke and her producer husband Steve Sheen in 2007 in Beaconsfield and there are now more than 180 academies across the country.
For more information, visit www.pqacademy.com/academies/weston-super-mare
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 3 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 7 Father's Day: Children's messages to their dads
- 8 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 9 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 10 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site