Thatchers Foundation donates cash to walking netball club
- Credit: Archant
A North Somerset charity has made a generous donation to a Weston sports club to pay for new equipment.
The Thatchers Foundation handed £800 to the Trailblazers Walking Netball Club to support the valuable work it does to help women over 50 to stay fit and healthy.
The club, which is based at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre, is planning to use the grant to pay for new sweatshirts and bibs for the players.
Kelli Coxhead, trustee of The Thatchers Foundation, said: “This is a really inspirational group, and The Thatchers Foundation is delighted to support them with the purchase of new kit.
The club has grown from eight members to 30 regular players who are aged 50-80 and have taken up the sport to improve their fitness or recover from injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The foundation, which was set up with a grant from Thatchers Cider in Sandford, puts on fundraising events to donate money to community projects.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced