They beat the property slump
A COUPLE who decided to cut out mortgage brokers and estate agents in a bid to quickly sell their Locking home have started a business on the back of their novel idea.
Nathan and Rachel Baws sold their three-bedroom house in Anson Road by advertising the home on bright hand-written boards displayed all over their property.
They also set up a payment method for the buyer, asking for �8,000 deposit and then �266 a week over a 30-year period.
The couple’s idea proved a success and they sold their home after just three weeks following ‘plenty’ of interest.
Now the pair, who live in London, are using the idea for a business – selling people’s homes quickly for a fee.
You may also want to watch:
Rachel, aged 30, said: “The housing market is stagnant as many buyers cannot get a mortgage, which is frustrating for many sellers.
“This new ‘do-it-yourself’ way of selling has a high demand as there are a lot of people looking to sell quickly, while many people just want to get on the housing ladder.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
- 10 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
“It’s proved to be a great idea, we’re delighted at how our business is going.”