Thorntons to leave Weston
- Credit: Archant
THORNTONS has announced it is set to leave Weston High Street before the summer.
The long-term future of the chocolate retailer has been in doubt for several months as it was expected to leave the town centre.
And the shop has now placed signs in its windows announcing it will close down on May 11.
Thorntons revealed in 2011 plans to close 180 outlets nationwide during a three-year-period.
It is the latest in a string of national chains to pull out of Weston, with Blockbuster announcing its departure on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
* Tomorrow’s (Thurs) Mercury will have a special look at businesses in Weston as several firms have this week revealed their plans to stay or leave the town.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 3 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 4 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 7 Green candidate announced for village ward in by-election
- 8 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 9 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?