Three years of big success for Weston firm
- Credit: Archant
A WESTON-BASED recruitment firm is celebrating its third year in business and has welcomed a visit from the town’s MP, John Penrose, to mark its success.
The founders of GBRS, Gary Higgins and Ben Milson, got the chance to quiz the politician on some issues facing the town.
The company focuses on recruitment within the construction industry and Mr Higgins said: “It was great to welcome John to the offices and discuss the issues affecting the construction industry and our local town and find out about what plans the Government has to alleviate these problems.”
Ben Milson said: “The construction industry has huge growth and earning potential and we should be encouraging young people to forge a career in the industry.”
In three years GBRS has more than doubled its workforce and now has a turnover just shy of £2.5million a year.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Penrose said: “Gary and Ben have shown if you work hard, innovate and offer a service the market needs, you can be successful. It’s great to see a company like GBRS with ambitions for the future and employing local people.”
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable