Top award for apprentice
- Credit: Archant
A TRAINEE beauty therapist at a North Somerset health spa has won a prestigious award for her skills.
Becki Whiting is an apprentice beauty therapist at thespa at DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House, in Congresbury, and was chosen as apprentice of the year at the Weston College hair and beauty awards.
Ms Whiting beat several other entrants to the top prize and was chosen for the professionalism and reliability she has shown in her role, since joining thespa’s team in June 2014.
She said: “A job at such a high-quality spa is a dream come true for me and I love pampering people.
“I am so pleased to have won apprentice of the year and I’m really looking forward to learning more within my role.”
You may also want to watch:
thespa manager Amy Weston said: “It is fantastic Becki’s hard work, talent and enthusiasm has been recognised at these awards.
“Becki is reliable, friendly and great with our clients, and has built up her own portfolio of regulars in a short time.
- 1 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 2 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 3 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 4 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 5 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 8 Doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
“We’re really proud to have her as part of our team.”