Top award for The Cove
A SEAFRONT restaurant is celebrating a double whammy after receiving a mention in the latest Which Good Food Guide and an AA rosette. The Cove Restaurant, in Birnbeck Road, has an entry in the AA Restaurant Guide as a result of being awarded the prestigi
A SEAFRONT restaurant is celebrating a double whammy after receiving a mention in the latest Which Good Food Guide and an AA rosette.
The Cove Restaurant, in Birnbeck Road, has an entry in the AA Restaurant Guide as a result of being awarded the prestigious rosette.
The accolade is given to restaurants by the British Automobile Association for the quality and service of food, which demonstrate mastery and excellence in their field.
According to the association, to be awarded one rosette, 'chefs should have mastered basic techniques and be able to produce dishes of sound quality and precision of flavours, using good, fresh ingredients'.
You may also want to watch:
Heath Hardy, who co-owns The Cove with his partner Gemma Stacey, said head chef Kieran Lenihan, aged 29, and his team, second chef Richard Tudor, 24, chef de parte, Will De-Vanney, 27 and trainee chef Chris Stevens, 18, are proud of their achievement.
He said: "Achieving an AA rosette really is the icing on the cake for us, and the whole team is thrilled.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 9 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 10 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
"Two and a half years ago, The Cove didn't even exist, so to have been recognised in such a short space of time is testament to everyone's hard work, and has made it all worthwhile.
"When the AA judge visited we didn't know who he was until the end of his meal.
"He came at lunchtime and chose our special three course �12.95 lunch - not even our a la carte menu!
"I have checked the AA Restaurant Guide, and it looks as though we are the only restaurant included between Wells and Bristol.
"Not only is this great news for us, but also for Weston, proving that the town has so much more to offer than good old fish and chips.