Town centre pub to shut on New Year’s Day
NEW Year’s Eve will spell last orders for one Weston pub, which will close the following day.
The Imperial in South Parade was bought by Butcombe Brewery in March, but just nine months later the firm has decided to close it.
An event tonight will bring the curtain down on the pub’s current incarnation.
Butcombe Brewery did not comment on the closure this week, but staff at the venue told the Mercury that they would lose their jobs tomorrow
It had previously been owned by brothers Chris and Mike Sanders who relaunched it as The Imperial Brasserie in 2010.
You may also want to watch:
The Imperial is one of Weston’s most historic and enduring watering holes.
The New Year’s Eve event will feature a performance by The Fallen Apples and a buffet, and some of the �10 ticket price will be donated to The Alzheimer’s Society.
- 1 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 2 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 3 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 4 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 5 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 6 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 7 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 8 Doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay